Citadel Mall facing foreclosure, gets new management | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- A once bustling West Ashley shopping spot is now facing foreclosure.
CBL & Associates, owners of Citadel Mall, have defaulted on a $75 million loan, forcing a judge to turn the mall over to new management, the Spinoso Real Estate Group.
The general manager of Citadel Mall says once the lender takes over, they will begin working on a plan to revitalize the mall, which has seen a number of its storefronts go vacant in recent years.
He also says customers and vendors will see no interruption in day-to-day operations.
Northwoods Mall, who is also owned by CBL & Associates, will not be affected.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West Ashley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint
Courtesy of: AgentOwned Realty-Charleston Group
Courtesy of: AgentOwned Realty-Charleston Office