Bees Ferry project brings overnight closures to Main Road | News
WEST ASHLEY, SC (WCSC)-Main Road will be closed overnight several times this week as construction crews continue widening Bees Ferry Road.
According to Charleston County Government, Main Road will be closed between Bees Ferry Road and Savannah Highway Monday through Friday from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. so workers can relocate utilities and install a drainage pipe.
Detour signs will be posted near the site.
Drivers traveling through the project’s construction zone are asked to be aware of equipment and crews working in the area at all times. The public is also asked to notice traffic control signs, reductions in speed limit and message board information.
The goal of the project, which is expected to be completed June 2014, is to make improvements to the entire 4.5-mile length of Bees Ferry Road from Savannah Highway to Ashley River Road. The project was requested by the City of Charleston and is funded by the Charleston County Transportation Sales Tax Program.
Partial funding for the project was approved by voters in the second Transportation Sales Tax bond referendum.
Upcoming Events near West Ashley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Stall Road reopened following fatal accident in North Charleston
- Eastbound traffic on I-26 moving again following accident in N. Charleston
- Crews clear overturned truck in North Charleston
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport