Cops: Suspect called victim just before stealing rifle in W. Ashley | News
WEST ASHLEY, SC (WCSC)- Police have charged a North Charleston man with helping another man steal a rifle from a unit at his own West Ashley apartment complex.
Charleston police spokesman Charles Francis said officers arrested 29-year-old Ervin Lee Frazier, of North Charleston, on Tuesday.
Police say Frazier helped 28-year-old Chauvez Williams, who lives at an apartment at 1900 Hazelwood Drive, steal a 995 Highpoint rifle, valued at roughly $400, from one of the other units.
According to an incident report, Frazier used Williams' cell phone to call the resident of that apartment to see if he was home.
When the victim told Frazier he was not, a witness observed Frazier kick the door in and steal the rifle before leaving in his Lincoln sedan.
Both Frazier and Williams are charged with first-degree burglary. Williams was granted a $50,000 bond on Nov. 27.
Frazier is expected in bond court on Wednesday.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West Ashley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint