'Active shooter' drill to be held in West Ashley | News
WEST ASHLEY, SC (WCSC)- Local law enforcement will join staff at the Addlestone Hebrew Academy and the Jewish Community Center on Tuesday for a simulated "active shooter" drill.
Professionals from several agencies will be involved in the drill, including: first responders, police, sheriff's deputies, SWAT team, and firefighters.
The drill will be conducted under the leadership of Scopus Security Solutions, a global security company based in Charleston that security services and training worldwide. Scopus has worked with clients all over the country and also in the Middle East, Spain, and West Africa.
They also work with local agencies, including the Charleston International Airport and the Charleston County Aviation Authority.
During today's drill, law enforcement will develop new safety protocols and best safety practices in a simulated active shooter scenario.
Students will not be present during today's drill, which is expected to start around 4 p.m.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West Ashley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint