Nighttime road work to close lanes along Bees Ferry Rd. | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The Bees Ferry Road Widening Project will continue January 16 with nighttime road and lane closures.
Charleston County Government says Bees Ferry Road construction will take place Jan. 16 through Jan. 18 between the hours of 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. Workers will use that time to pave the surface.
There will also be a 20-minutes road closure along Bees Ferry Road at Dovehaven Court on Thursday, Jan. 17 from 4 a.m. to 4:20 a.m. so utilities can be relocated.
Workers will be directing traffic during the time of the lane closures.
Officials say the 4.5-mile long Bees Ferry Road Widening Project is expected to be completed April 2014.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West Ashley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Crews clear overturned truck in North Charleston
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home