Charleston Fire Department receives new fire engines | News
CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- The Charleston Fire Department has announced the recent addition of two new fire trucks to its fleet that will replace two older models.
The new Pierce Arrow XT fire engines will take the place of a 1989 model at Station 12 in West Ashley and a 1991 model at Station 20 on Daniel Island.
"The addition of these two engines continues the City's commitment to upgrading the fleet with state of the art apparatus," said Deputy Fire Chief John Tippet. "The increased firefighting capacity, improved safety features, equipment upgrade, and standardization of the fleet are providing the firefighting force with the best tools to protect the community."
The older model fire trucks have been moved to the reserve apparatus fleet.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near West Ashley
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Second show added for Dave Chappelle at the PAC
- Police: Fugitive attempting to leave area captured at Charleston airport
- Parents, community call for end to violence following fatal shooting
- Couple behind bars after meth lab discovered at N. Charleston home
- Suspect sought after woman forced to withdraw money at gunpoint